As you are doing your future planning and determining where you will live during your retirement years, you will find there are many different options. If you enjoy maintaining an active and social life, a life plan community might be for you!
The term “life plan community” replaces the old concept of continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs). What’s the difference? A life plan community promotes more active living and planning as compared to the old CCRC model, which had more of a focus on passive care. These three essential elements should be included in a life plan community:
- Have the ability to offer multiple levels of care on one campus
- Promote an active lifestyle for their residents
- Be an active part of their surrounding communities by giving back and participating in social events.
Advantages of a Life Plan Community
There are many benefits of a life plan community, including:
- Residents can age in place.
- If or when the resident’s needs change, higher levels of care are available at the same campus. This is provided at no additional cost as it is covered under the life care agreement.
- Guaranteed long-term healthcare.
- For most, long-term care insurance works well with life plan communities.
The most significant difference between a life plan community and other retirement communities is that life plan communities guarantee the same quality of care from the day residents move in through end-of-life.
Kendal on Hudson is a Life Plan Community
Kendal on Hudson offers the Residence and Care Agreement for Life Care, which provides potential residents flexibility and choices in agreement structures. Each agreement provides residents with housing, residential services and amenities and a complete package of health care services.
The Residence and Care Agreement for Lifecare allows the resident to pay the same monthly fee that is spent in the independent department and provides personal care services and long-term care for life. The resident pays a one-time entry fee and ongoing monthly fees as long as they maintain the required medical insurance.
If the resident’s needs change, higher levels of care are available at Kendal on Hudson. Residents start in independent living where Kendal enables resident-driven lifestyles. Every resident is a member of the Resident’s Association and can serve on committees pertaining to education, horticulture, trips, advocacy, and art. Only 35 miles north of New York City and along the Hudson river, there is always something fun and exciting to explore. Continued learning, wellness, and active and engaging lifestyles are important and valued by everyone at Kendal.
If the need ever arises, the next level of care would be assisted living. Licensed Practical Nurses are available around the clock and can assist with medication and daily activities. Resident can also access physicians, a nurse practitioner and outpatient therapy on-site at the Wellness Center. If further care is needed, Kendal offers skilled nursing and rehabilitation services and memory support.
Residential services and amenities are covered by the entry and monthly fees. These services include:
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Community center with dining rooms, library, recreational facilities, art studio and more
- All utilities except TV, telephone, and internet (can be provided with additional fee)
- Choice of flexible meal plans
- Local transportation to train, shopping, and trips
- Security and maintenance.
Learn more about Kendal on Hudson living options and comprehensive on-site health care. Let us help you find answers to your retirement questions. Please check our website to find out more about our events on a wide variety of topics, such as senior living options, financial planning and more. Contact us online or by calling 866-358-5802.
Share this article with your friends!